Bali Hotels Association Scholarships Objectives:
To establish, promote, support and maintain facility to educate Balinese for employment in the hotel and tourism industry.
To provide funds to educate poor and underprivileged Balinese in hotel management schools
1. Yayasan Casa Grande Bali A legal foundation established by Casa Grande in 2000, governed by a legal act, which clearly outlines the use and purpose of the funds, as per the bequest from the late Ketut Tantri's estate
2. Annika Lindén Casa Grande Scholarship. A fund established in support of the late Annika Lindén, who died in the Bali Bombing in October 2002.
For more information on the Annika Linden Foundation please http://www.alfoundation.org/start.htm
A Maximum of 12 students will be selected each year. Students who successfully meet the criteria after each semester review will automatically continue their education until they finish their course (year 3 or 4)
BHA will nominate the colleges of further education to be included in the BHA Scholarship Programme
Students will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Originate from a poor region of Bali
- Achieve a good score for their first semester at college
- Must provide proof of financial inability to continue to support their further education
• Letter from Lurah / Chief of Village
• Bank statements from family sponsor / self
BHA will make contact with a nominated "tutor" at each college who will act as the coordinator for the students under the scholarship programme.
The Tutor will initially submit 4 candidates to be screened by BHA. From the four candidates 2 or 3 candidates will be selected for the scholarship programme.
"Mentors" from the BHA Members will be assigned to individual students to assist them should they experience any difficulties during their studies.
The Tutor will prepare regular reports each semester on the students' progress and send these to the Training Committee Chairman for review who in turn will pass these on to the respective Mentor for review.
Students must meet a pre-determined criteria each semester (score) in order to continue receiving funds in the following semester / year.
If you would like further information on the above scholarships email :info@balihotelsassociation
The global specialist in energy management
yPodBali is The Yak Magazine's in-crowd, all-walks-of-life app on where to go and what to do on the island of Bali.
An environmental friendly (oxo-biodegradable) plastic manufacturer. All green products with original global certificate from EPI. Supporting CSR program Bali Clean & Green.